Win Your Wedding At The Bridal Show!
Hello Brides!! If you’ve been following along, we have been discussing a lot of tips and tricks to save on your wedding. Well, today is no different! Have you heard, seen or been to a bridal show?! This is a must ladies. Bridal shows are more than just vendors trying to get your business. Keep reading for all the reasons to go and how to prepare to win everything you need for your wedding.
5 Reasons To Go:
- Introduce the ladies. If your bridesmaids haven’t met yet, a bridal show is a great way to introduce them without the awkward stare and forced conversation across the table at dinner. Even if they do know each other it is a great place to meet up and have fun.
- Get ideas for your wedding. A bridal show is a place full of wedding ideas. You can see and test some of the products that vendors offer.
- Food & Wine Tasting. Some bridal shows have passing hors d’oeuvres and wine. There will also be caterers and bakeries there with samples to try.
- Vendors offer discounts that you can’t get anywhere else. There are so many similar vendors in one place they need to find a way to stand out. Some vendors will give discount and others will give you bonuses for your purchase.
- Free stuff! There’s raffles and gifts and free stuff, oh my!! That’s right, you can win your cake, your honeymoon, your officiant and so much more.
So let’s talk about how to prepare for a bridal show to get the most out of your experience.
Get Ready For The Show:
- If you haven’t already, make an email account dedicated to the wedding. (You will want the emailing to stop after the wedding).
- Here Comes The Guide is one of the many places to find bridal events (shows, expos and resale events) in the DMV area. Sign up ASAP because come will close fast!
- Research the companies that will be at the show (if that is made available) and make a priority list. These are the tables you will visit first. All the rest you will visit after your priority list. Make sure to check out prices and service areas.
- Print out labels with your name, email address, phone number and wedding date. Spare your hands from all the writing!
- Get a small binder (or notebook) and insert the business card protector (or a zip lock bag) to hold all the cards in one place. Keep note on your favorite vendors, offers and answers to any other questions. (Questions to ask vendors from Bridal Guide)
- Dress comfortably because there maybe a lot of walking, standing and waiting.
- Visit priority tables.
- Visit non-priority tables for ideas and possibly find other vendors you may want to hire.
- Revisit vendors and see if you can negotiate deals based on other tables you have visited.
- Go home and review all the offers and decide who you want to hire.
- Have fun! Stay to find out if you won items for your wedding.